5 Simple Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Knees And Elbows
There are oil glands in knee or elbow skin. So these areas dry up easily and collect dirt and impurities that are difficult to remove. Some exposure, friction, pressure and the buildup of dead skin cells also contribute to dark knees and elbows. Nevertheless, several natural remedies and simple skin care techniques can help solve this problem. In light of this, here are five (5) simple home remedies to lighten dark knees and elbows.
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a good remedy to lighten dark knees and elbows. This is because, it contains vitamin E that can help lighten the skin tone. Firstly, it prevents dryness by keeping the skin hydrated and moisturized. Secondly, it can even repair dark and damaged skins. So this is what you must do to soften and lighten your dark knees and elbows :
- After each shower or bath, apply coconut oil on your knees and elbows and massage gently 4 two to three minutes.
- Reapply several times a day to prevent dryness.
2. Coconut oil and lemon juice
As indicated earlier on, coconut oil suits and hydrates the skin while acting as a natural bleaching agent. Likewise, lemon juice is also a natural bleaching agent. So you should consider doing this if you want to lighten dark knees and elbows.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of coconut oil with 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon juice.
- Apply to knees and elbows and leave on 15 to 30 minutes.
- Wipe off excess oil with paper towels.
- Rinse and repeat regularly.
3. Lemon and sugar
Sugar granules exfoliate the skin. This means, it washes away various dead body cells which form layers on dark knees and elbows. Thus, when combined with coconut oil, the two work to clear away and lighten dead skin cells. Hence, do this to lighten your dark knees and or elbows.
- Firstly, kindly mix a reasonable quantity of equal parts of lemon juice and sugar.
- Secondly, apply to skin by rubbing in circles for few minutes.
- Lastly, wash the mixture off with soap and water.
Turmeric is also highly recommended for dark knees and elbows. This is because, it can help maintain an even skin tone and adds a nice glow to the skin. Therefore, to lighten dark knees and elbows;
- To begin with, mix a little turmeric powder with one teaspoon of milk cream.
- Next, apply on your knees and elbows and massage for a few minutes.
- Lastly, allow the mixture to dry before washing it off with lukewarm water.
5. Aloe Vera
As you may have read elsewhere, yes, it’s true! Aloe Vera is a natural skin lightener that will also keep the skin hydrated and moisturized.
- So extract the gel by breaking open a fleshy Aloe vera leaf from the natural plant.
- Next, apply to the affected areas and sit it for 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat one or two times daily for a few weeks.
Slightly close to perfection, yes, you heard me right. These methods are tested and proven natural remedies. I hope it helps you as well.
NB : Do not combine two remedies at the same time. Test them out with reasonable time intervals between each method. And you may know the one which best helps you to lighten dark knees and elbows.
Eth Studios…Get Inspired and Stay Informed